McInnis & Holloway
Funeral Homes

McInnis & Holloway Funeral Homes
“The opportunity to serve” is the highest compliment
McInnis & Holloway could receive.
Call (403) 243-8200 or 1-800-661-1599

I am planning to be away on holidays and my elderly parent is in a nursing home. What do I do if they pass away while I am gone?

There are a few options that are available to help assist you should the passing occur while you are away.

You can advise the Care Centre that you would like McInnis & Holloway to transfer your parent into our care. Preparation such as embalming can take place which would allow for any delays while you are away. Another family member can make preliminary arrangements until you return or some arrangements can be made via email or fax until you return.

Another option would be to meet with a Director and start making prearrangements to help with some of the decision in advance.